Wednesday, November 03, 2004

John Kerry concedes

Well, it's official and all the websites are reporting it. John F. Kerry has lost.

I voted for John Kerry this year, as I voted for George W. Bush 4 years ago. Since, I live in a highly republican state my vote did not matter one bit four years ago and also this year.

4 years ago I believed that George Bush was a compassionate conservative. He has turned out to be anything, but. In fact, he is so far to the right, he does not represent me anymore. I belong to the middle, the vast, under-represented and silent majority. Some of us in this camp like to think and like to ponder issues. Some of us still believe in Democracy. Yesterday, those of us in the middle probably split enough to let Mr. Bush win.

In the next few weeks, I will discuss all my feelings on this subject, the division in this country, and the direction of history.

Congratulations to Mr. Bush and let's hope for a better 4 years. We shall see...

No comments: