Friday, September 10, 2004

What I am talking about has clearly been evident in Paula Zahn's show on CNN all week long. She introduces the subject, then she introduces the guests. One guest is from the left, and one guest is from the right -- how predictable! Then she asks -- essentially -- the same question of both guests. Obviously, each one of the guests will spin away their answer.

Does this accomplish anything? I would suggest that it does not. I would suggest that this kind of journalism is the worst kind. This kind of journalism does not report on anything, does not explain anything, and does not provide viewers with any answers.

I want the Journalist to say: "NO! Mr. So-and-so! You're wrong! Here is what the numbers suggest, here is the truth, here are the statistics that matter." But no! Today's journalist, can only ask the questions, but does not analyze the results. If the guy on the left is wrong, I want to know. If it's the guy on the right, I want to know. I want the so-called journalists of today to stop making up news, to fully investigate their stories, to stop reporting what a press secretary or press advisor has just told them. I want the truth. Do you agree?

All this spinning has my head hurting... Bye for now.

No comments: